Thursday, July 23, 2009

Desperate people with desperate measures..

Received a call this afternoon by some strange Malay man who claimed to have found a cheque that my colleague had dropped for me at Takashimaya.
I was taken aback at first, then i remembered... My pay cheque!!! Must have dropped out of the DBS QCD box!
Thats where he got my contact details.

Well, he went on to say that he's gotten hold of my cheque from the "Rubbish Bin" (Do our QCDb box look like rubbish bin to you?) and will be waiting for me at Takashimaya. He further hinted that he wanted something out of it :" You see ah, you help me, i help you la~, I got a family to take care also.. I need money.."

Thats when i started to raise my voice at this bloody fool, questioning him the details on the cheque. Yet all he could read were the numbers - "I malay la.. i don't know how to read.. got this number XXXXXX and this number XXX-XXX-XXX... you see la, what do you want to do?"

In a very "nice" tone, i continued :" What?! What you mean you don't know how to read?! you don't bluff ah!?, you give me your name! and your handphone number! I call you back.."

Silly enough, he gave me his number and name with another malay lady in the background instigating him (His accomplice!!).

I quickly called my colleague to cancel the cheque and re-issue me with a new one. (Stopping a cheque requires freaking $30/-!!!)

5 minutes later ...

Phone rings :" How mam, what you want to do?" Still trying to sound polite to me..
I told him he can fucking throw away the cheque or do whatever he wants 'cos its crossed and he ain't gonna do nothing 'cos I've cancelled the cheque.
"Then you don't want the cheque already ah?"
"Yes do whatever you want, I've cancelled the cheque"
"Then you tell me earlier la, you wasting my time la!!!!" and HE HUNG UP MY CALL!...
WTF?

Now, He has my name, my account no, company info and my hp number.. I made a report...
Imagine if its some poor old un-educated lady's cheque that he picked up.. i can't imagine what would have happened...

Bloody immigrants (I assumed), used our resources, breathe our air, eat our food, get our pay, and create crimes in our land!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment