Thursday, November 5, 2009

Presentations finally over!
Finally get to sleep well for a night.
Shall go full force again tomorrow!
Mum's flying to china tomorrow~

Interviewed a young girl 18ish, married with a 1 month old baby today.
First she came in looking really blur, answered my questions.. still blur, inexperience..couldn't speak English.
After she left, she text me.. here's our text correspondence...
N: "hey babe, nice knowing you today!"
Me: Nice knowing you too, I'll update you should you be selected.
N: I think i dun stand much chance to get in.
me: not to worry, if you're not selected i'll forward your resume to a friend from the agencies.
N: I really think i won't get in. But i realli need the job.
after a while...
N: I think ur vry sweet, and cute.. your face..envy...
after a few hours...
Me: Thanks, i'll inform you the updates again =)
N: I look ugly... haiz (she actually looks cute lar! like a little baby sister)
Me: Be confident girl, you're sweet and good looking.
N: Can we be friends? haha...

hm... faced with a situation like this.. when you've gotta maintain a professional front and yet you'll really wanna help her.. how should you reply? Without giving her any false hope that you'll be hiring her? I'm skeptical of her intentions.
I'm lost.. any advice?

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead and be friends, if she is trying to use you then just go ahead and blam her back. There is nothing to lose from this trade. Gain a friend or lose her when she betrays your trust?

    I'd say
    Me: Of course we can be friends, I let you know when boss give the answer, just relax. If succeed we celebrate. If fail, cheer up kay?

    Life is that simple. The simplicity lies in self-management. Nothing else. =))

    ReplyDelete